Friday, April 19, 2013

GERONIMO - "A Couple Of Words For You" demo (1989)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all I can remember about this tape is there was a member of the Danish thrash metal band Invocator involved, who I assume is the long haired dude in the Sepultura shirt on the cover. I mentioned Geronimo to some knowledgeable Copenhagen hardcore enthusiast a few years back and he had never heard of the band… Well… Not sure if they released anything besides this 20-song affair. The artwork is terrible and there's a couple of goofy moments (remember when every late 80s hardcore band had a shitty rap song?), but all in all this is high caliber, well crafted, super fast US-sounding hardcore/thrash, with sweet Dead Kennedys and Angry Samoans covers to top it all off. Very cool tape.



No comments: